- The Conference shall be the supreme Organ of the Community.
- The Conference shall determine and provide policy direction for the Community.
- Save as otherwise provided in this Treaty, the Conference shall be the final authority for the conclusion of treaties on behalf of the Community and for entering into relationships between the Community and international organisations and States.
- The Conference may take decisions for the purpose of establishing the financial arrangements necessary to defray the expenses of the Community and shall be the final authority on questions arising in relation to the financial affairs of the Community.
- Subject to the relevant provisions of this Treaty, the Conference shall exercise such powers as may be conferred on it by or under any instrument elaborated by or under the auspices of the Community.
- The Conference may establish such Organs or Bodies as it considers necessary for the achievement of the objectives of the Community.
- The Conference may issue policy directives of a general or special character to other Organs and Bodies of the Community concerning the policies to be pursued for the achievement of the objectives of the Community and effect shall be given to such directives.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this Treaty, the Conference may consider and resolve disputes between Member States.
- The Conference may consult with entities within the Caribbean Region or with other organisations and for this purpose may establish such machinery as it considers necessary.
- Subject to the provisions of this Chapter, the Conference shall regulate its own procedure and may decide to admit at its deliberations as observers representatives of non-Member States of the Community and other entities.
- The Bureau, consisting of the current Chairman and the immediately outgoing and incoming Chairmen of the Conference, shall perform the following functions:
(a) initiating proposals for development and approval by the Ministerial Councils as it considers necessary;
(b) updating the consensus of the Member States on issues falling to be determined by the Conference;
(c) facilitating implementation of Community decisions, both at the regional and local levels, in an expeditious and informed manner;
(d) providing guidance to the Secretariat on policy issues.